UnevenEdge

What Horror Movie/Show Are You Watching Right Now?

DragonSinger

• 11 months later...

Over the last 24 hours or so, I haven't really been watching as many films because most of my time has been spent revising some of my stories, along with doing chores.

The Slasher Horror Comedy, Student Bodies just finished re-airing on Encore Classic a few minutes ago. That spoof was more than a decade before the SCREAM and Scary Movie franchises.

Berberian Sound Studio, which so far is more about a foley artist working on a Giallo film more than it is actual horror.
But I love slow, enticing build-up, so who knows what will become of all this screaming and vegetable ripping and smashing

An hour ago, the Sony channel aired the original Evil Dead film from 1981. For more than 20 years, I have been reading and hearing about it.

After watching it earlier tonight, I was unimpressed and find Bruce Campbell to be highly overrated.

It's only a matter of time until a fanboy or girl gets riled up about me not singing his praises.Watching him in The Evil Dead felt like I was watching Will Ferrell in a Splatterpunk Horror Movie.

It's hard to take someone like Bruce Campbell seriously without trying not to laugh, while staring at him.

Imagine Family Guy's Peter Griffin in a Horror movie. The Exorcist from the '70s was scarier and more convincing than The Evil Dead.

Generally speaking, I couldn't help rolling my eyes, while laughing at how contrived the movie and the acting were in The Evil Dead.

After watching The Evil Dead tonight, I'm starting to realize why I always favored Slashers Horror. Slashers are more realistic because serial killers actually exist.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

2 hours ago, Fear of a Blank Planet said:

I just got back from watching the new Halloween movie in theaters. It was pretty good.

Blumhouse Productions knows how to put out scary shit on a bargain budget.

A few years ago, Jamie Lee Curtis announced that she was retiring from acting. Then, she started doing Activia commercials.

Now, she' back to acting in this new Halloween movie. I take it that her Activia gig wasn't raking in enough dough like she expected.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the latest Halloween sequel. Or is it another Hollywood reboot?

4 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

A few years ago, Jamie Lee Curtis announced that she was retiring from acting. Then, she started doing Activia commercials.

Now, she' back to acting in this new Halloween movie. I take it that her Activia gig wasn't raking in enough dough like she expected.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the latest Halloween sequel. Or is it another Hollywood reboot?

It's a true sequel. I heard it's supposed to be a direct sequel and picks up forty years after Halloween II. Everything else has been retconned.

Edited by Fear of a Blank Planet

6 hours ago, Fear of a Blank Planet said:

It's a true sequel. I heard it's supposed to be a direct sequel and picks up forty years after Halloween II. Everything else has been retconned.

It's ignoring all the sequels, including 2.

I might be going to see it tonight.

Well, speak of the devil. In a few minutes, Syfy is airing American Psycho. Like seriously?O.o

When did a Psychological Thriller/Horror Movie turn into Science Fiction?:o

Not that I was a huge fan of SciFi or "Syfy" (I only watched the network when it aired SciFi Anime, during the '90s and early '00s), but the people running the network should've been fired years ago.

The fact that Syfy now airs movies and shows with zero Science Fiction in them is hilarious.xD

On 10/21/2017 at 10:37 PM, Mewn said:

I'm bored and since I finally finished Being Human (UK Version) and the usual peeps I talk to aren't around, it's time to start watching these movies.  :pumpkin:

Now watching: Cube.

Cube, Event Horizon and The Thing are the 3 movies that scared me.