UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

oh hold up...absolutely fuck draymond green for saying no one should listen to charles barkley because he doesnt have a ring LOL.

shall we name the names of some of the greatest players of all time who are without a championship?...no.

no. we dont need to.

oh hold up...absolutely fuck draymond green for saying no one should listen to charles barkley because he doesnt have a ring LOL.

Nah, gotta side with Draymond on this.

A loser is a loser.

But even if that's wrong, nobody should listen to Charles Barkley just because of how fucking stupid he is.

Am I the only one that really doesn't think Draymond Green is all that special? I mean he's not the first guy that does decent at all phases of the game, but for some reason nowadays we treat that as a rarity, he's really got a long way to go to become half the player Barkley ever was.....he's a good player but I think if he had to carry a team by himself it would be a middle of the road team.

shall we name the names of some of the greatest players of all time who are without a championship?...no.

no. we dont need to.

Juwan Howard > Allen Iverson LOL

Am I the only one that really doesn't think Draymond Green is all that special? I mean he's not the first guy that does decent at all phases of the game, but for some reason nowadays we treat that as a rarity, he's really got a long way to go to become half the player Barkley ever was.....he's a good player but I think if he had to carry a team by himself it would be a middle of the road team.

ron artest in his prime would make draymond nearly useless in a game.

did i go too far?

but i dont see a whole lot of wowing plays from him when i watch the warriors.

but to be fair, i rarely, if ever, watch them..the team is boring to me..and when i do watch them, im more impressed by the team play, ball movement and all.

It's hard to decide who to hate on first in a Draymond Green-Barkley feud.

Probably Draymond.

Glad my early season posts are lost on the old UE forum, I distinctly remember saying the Bulls with their awful new collection of guards who can't shoot looked surprisingly hopeful in their first televised game that I saw.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/830907383010299904/video/1

ron artest in his prime would make draymond nearly useless in a game.

did i go too far?

but i dont see a whole lot of wowing plays from him when i watch the warriors.

but to be fair, i rarely, if ever, watch them..the team is boring to me..and when i do watch them, im more impressed by the team play, ball movement and all.

draymond gets a lot of hate but he gets lots of recognition for his talent from all around the league.

Lol the discussion about westbrook and durant was so stupid.

how did they think westbrook was gonna react to durant being on his team? hes not in high school..'course hes gonna play with him.

im late to this game though...just started watching it.

there are so many new faces..makes it a lil boring.

but thats just me wishing it was full of 90s players again.

cousins to new orleans!?!?!?

and not for much either.

what the hell divac! talk about bad moves

Let's be real here. The Kings weren't going to do anything with Cousins and they weren't going to build around him for the future either.

So anything they get from him is just bonus.

And does anyone really believe New Orleans is going to get anything out of Cousins?

Squandering his talent is the biggest mistake they made but that mistake has been made and they did the best they could with the bed they already shat in.

Let's be real here. The Kings weren't going to do anything with Cousins and they weren't going to build around him for the future either.

So anything they get from him is just bonus.

And does anyone really believe New Orleans is going to get anything out of Cousins?

Squandering his talent is the biggest mistake they made but that mistake has been made and they did the best they could with the bed they already shat in.

i hear that argument all the time but cousins made it clear he wanted to stay and to get paid.

i don't believe he would have bolted and turn down that much money.

and what they ended getting for him was shit. makes me angry my team couldnt give them a better package for cousins.

im sure all teams are feeling like that.

and the pelicans having both davis and cousins will make them threats.

even if the pels surrounds them with scrubs that team is a playoff team at worst.

i hear that argument all the time but cousins made it clear he wanted to stay and to get paid.

i don't believe he would have bolted and turn down that much money.

and what they ended getting for him was shit. makes me angry my team couldnt give them a better package for cousins.

im sure all teams are feeling like that.

and the pelicans having both davis and cousins will make them threats.

even if the pels surrounds them with scrubs that team is a playoff team at worst.

Plus Jrue Holliday is better than a scrub of a point guard and all he really needs to do is get either of them the ball, I think they'll make a seven seed or so this season and I don't envy the team that plays them

It's not about whether or not they could keep Cousins long term.

The Kings were in a position where they had to burn it down to rebuild and anything they did while they had Cousins was never going to go anywhere.

The trade was still garbage but they kind of have to burn everything down right now because they're so dysfunctional.

The only problem is that they're going to continue being dysfunctional.

• 2 weeks later...

biggest news for the week?

durant injury and golden state losing games because of it.

wasnt this a championship contending team these past 2 years with almost the same roster?  :D

the cousins trade doesnt seem that bad right now for sac town since pelicans still losing.

still bad since they should have gotten more for him but still  :D

westbrook now has a chance of cracking the triple double record.

Some good news for Memphis, their 100 million dollar man Chandler Parsons suffered a season-ending knee injury that will require surgery and hopefully keep him out of the playoffs no matter how deep they go. All of their small forwards are horrible, but they're all better than "we have to make this work" Parsons, so this gives Memphis a big boost.

Oh and they beat San Antonio tonight, 2-0 vs them for the season. I don't think any other team has beaten both the Spurs and Warriors twice this year. They've also beaten the Rockets twice, and I hope to God they play them in the first round.

I like that they signed free agent Omri Casspi even though the only thing I know about him is this:

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1258835

The Grizzlies forward will undergo surgery Monday to repair the torn meniscus in his left knee, and miss the remainder of the season, the team announced. It's the third consecutive year Parsons is having his season cut short due to knee surgery, though the first two were on his right knee.

He struggled miserably with his shot, and looked scantly mobile. He appeared in just 34 games, never played more than eight in a row, and never played more than 25 minutes in any game. In 13 of those 34 games, he hit one or zero field goals. His highest-scoring tally in a game was 14 points. He finishes the season with averages of 6.2 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 1.6 assists, while shooting 33.8 percent from the field and 26.9 percent from 3-point range.

Every single one of those numbers is higher than I would have guessed.

^the best part was that the commentators were speaking about whether or not an airball was worse than a brick at the line...then he just airs it. ha.

but really though. not sure who really expects okc to beat the warriors, with or without durant.

the whole reason they were able to last year was because westbrook didnt have to basically play every position.

the losses only remind me of how lots of competitive players from older eras wouldve stayed with their losing team for a chance at revenge come the next playoffs, instead of doing what durant did. but oh well.

Well I misread the news and Omri Casspi didn't sign w Memphis, he was reportedly considering it but decided on Minnesota instead, so the Grizzlies signed some D League shooter.

Idk why finding anyone who can consistently make 3's has been such a fucking struggle over the past several years. They couldn't trade a 2nd round pick and some pocket lint for Anthony Morrow or someone?

Vince Carter and Gasol can't be your volume snipers in the playoffs.