UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

Memphis beating Golden State AGAIN is game of the year imo and not just cause we're less than a week into it. This game had it all.

24 point comeback

Durant slipping and falling again during another critical late possession

Draymond Green fouling out

Z Bo of all people dominating 4th quarter and OT

Based Tony Allen playing 49 minutes

Troy Daniels doing his job as the only Memphis player who can hit a 3 not named Mike Conley

Chandler fuckin Parsons still on a tight minutes restriction thank God, keep his soft ass on a minutes restriction until after the playoffs please

They can fucking do it this year

i was watching that game at work on friday.

the begining of the 3rd started to get away from the grizz but they were not giving up.

i left early in the 4th thinking the game was sealed even though the grizz were laready making a comeback.

fucken A, i missed out on such an epic collapse!

and may it happen again, and again, and again.

did draymond almost get a T by complaining?

NaBernie666[/member]

Doesn't that happen to him every game?

Shortly before fouling out I saw Green screaming at Durant, not AT Durant but screaming about something to Durant, all hyped up and angry but I didn't get what he was mad about, it seemed like something he wanted the Warriors to do something differently. Probably just wanted em to stop choking

i was watching that game at work on friday.

the begining of the 3rd started to get away from the grizz but they were not giving up.

i left early in the 4th thinking the game was sealed even though the grizz were laready making a comeback.

fucken A, i missed out on such an epic collapse!

I was watching the 4am replay and missed most of the first half, otherwise I probably would've quit after the third too. Still not even sure wtf happened there, just remember multiple 90% free throw shooters missing a lot of free throws and bricking shots

I was watching the 4am replay and missed most of the first half, otherwise I probably would've quit after the third too. Still not even sure wtf happened there, just remember multiple 90% free throw shooters missing a lot of free throws and bricking shots

i honestly couldnt stand to watch it any longer.

everything was going their way at that point and it was looking to be a blowout in the making.

i do remember the part when the announcer jinxed curry with the free throws. good stuff.

Hidden[/member]

what is going on with your knicks?

they are falling apart after a promising looking start.

blazers aint doing much better either but at least we beat LA today  :D

lol dude i dont know.

we lost again today. started off so well, but once again, cant sustain any sort of lead.

also lost to a buzzer beater shot for the second time this week.

we have 0 perimeter D..realized that tonight as well.

i mean, we have no D in general, but..gotta emphasize 3-point range when this is now a league where a dude will walk away from the free throw line in favor of a 3.

A magazine editor I follow is a big Knicks fan, his sad Knicks posts always crack me up.

Bhaskar Sunkara – Verified account ‏@sunraysunray

Over the last 20 seasons, Knicks were 372-0 with a 10-point lead in the final 3 minutes of  4th Q. But you know, the 76ers are really good.

6:21 AM - 12 Jan 2017

2 RETWEETS9 LIKES

What a laugher that Warriors-Cavs game was.

I feel like Kevin Love played but I don't remember seeing him actually doing anything. Ghosted.

LeBron will still pick up his customary eastern conference championship just because who else even plays in the east, but I don't think think Cleveland has a chance against the Golden State Durants in the Finals.

yea it'll be harder.

i never really pay attention to reg. season games between them though..or when its them vs spurs.

playoff time is a different atmosphere and so brings different attitudes/gameplay.

i didnt expect that game to go any other way though, ha.

it still surprises me that the cavs won the title..i guess they have the talent to compete, but they look inferior on paper.

I feel like Kevin Love played terrible in the playoffs last year too. That might not be true, maybe it was just in the Finals. I'm sure he won't get traded this year but for some reason I feel like he won't finish his contract in Cleveland.

Maybe I just really want to see Love for Melo backfire on everybody involved badly enough that it actually seems like a possible thing that might happen, even though it's probably not. Love for Griffin backfiring would also be hilarious

I feel like Kevin Love played terrible in the playoffs last year too. That might not be true, maybe it was just in the Finals. I'm sure he won't get traded this year but for some reason I feel like he won't finish his contract in Cleveland.

Maybe I just really want to see Love for Melo backfire on everybody involved badly enough that it actually seems like a possible thing that might happen, even though it's probably not. Love for Griffin backfiring would also be hilarious

he played a great game 7 of the finals.

really stepped it up his game there.

lmao scope[/member]

NaBernie666[/member] id die if this kid left the knicks. too funny.

hope not.

He probably won't get traded, but not for Phil Jackson's lack of trying.

Not to dick y'all but I'm really low key hoping Memphis would be willing to take on his contract in exchange for Chandler Parsons and picks, tho I'm pretty sure Knicks fans would burn down the Garden immediately after he posted his first home game stat line of like 2/1/0, 2 turnovers on 0-6 shooting, 2-2 free throws, (+/-) -17 in 14 minutes of minute-restricted action.

219z8gi.jpg

NaBernie2018[/member] hey--i dont even care about the knicks that much. ha!

empty[/member] i heard seth was doing well.

sasha vujacic might be one of my favorite players after this game.

brooklyn looked like they got slapped after the end of this game.

scope[/member]

Seth hasn't been putting up numbers like his brother but he's been looking pretty solid starting in place of D-Will.

And then Yogi Ferrell came out of nowhere too.

I just wish they could get Fultz in the draft but they're about to completely play themselves out of a lottery spot.

Don't worry, they'll be in the lottery.

Tho I was like "who the FUCK is Y. Ferrell" reading a couple box scores this week

Don't worry, they'll be in the lottery.

Tho I was like "who the FUCK is Y. Ferrell" reading a couple box scores this week

They just signed him from the D-League last week on a 10-day contract.

He's been decent. Had a big game against the Cavaliers. I think he scored like 60 points in a D-League game and that's when the Mavs called him up.

I don't know, he was a decent contributor in 2014-15 and did okay last year even though he got REKT by that sports hernia.

A lot of dudes got PAID last summer, some cartoonishly overpaid, some overpaid but at least they're going to provide something close to the level of help that was expected. No contract though was worse than Parsons tricking Memphis into throwing him the max imo, even if it takes a few years for that to become obvious

NaBernie2018[/member] hey--i dont even care about the knicks that much. ha!

empty[/member] i heard seth was doing well.

sasha vujacic might be one of my favorite players after this game.

brooklyn looked like they got slapped after the end of this game.

scope[/member]

Yay we beat Brooklyn *weak fist pump and sigh*

alright. anyone hear about the barkley/lebron issue?

long story short--lebron says he needs more playmakers since his team is losing

>barkley says thats a reflection of his current lack to compete

>lebron gets mad. says that was a personal attack. proceeds to attack barkley personally by bringing up times when he spit on people, etc.

>barkley responds by saying he wasnt trying to be personal, but was commenting on lebrons intentions as a basketball player..his comment was solely about ball.

i think barkley was right for saying what he did..his point was that he won a championship with that team, so why say you need better players? why not try to win another title with what you have?..also kind of insults the talent on your team.

and really, if lebron thinks that, then fine, whatever..but we shouldnt know about it..dont talk through the media.

also, whos ready for the smattering of boos during next weeks warriors/thunder game.

either if he meant it as a sleight or not, lebron took it as one.

i cant fault james if he sees the need for improving the roster, gotta remember that the warriors added durant and the cavs need to be ready for him.

bringing up barkleys past like that was fine.

still i don't think barkley was wrong either. just a different nba than what he was playing with.

It is kind of weird for LeBron to complain about his championship team's roster which he personally constructed not being good enough after playing the role of GM and getting Mr. Quicken Loans to pay for the most expensive team in the league the last few seasons. Like they got JR, Shumpert, Mozgov, Korver, etc for basically nothing, what's he trying to pressure the capped-out front office to do at this point? Trade Kevin Love for a good pass-first point guard and serviceable stretch-4? That's the only move I can even think of them possibly making to satisfy his bitching about needing "a playmaker." Does he think cashing in James Jones, Richard Jefferson and late 1st round draft picks is going to return anyone he deems acceptable?

"We're top heavy" well no shit you're the highest paid player in the league with two max contract teammates (maybe 3 if Tristan Thompson got maxed out, can't remember) that you specifically chose to play with, on like probably the most expensive roster in history (were the  KG/Pierce Nets more expensive? Idk)

Players 4-15 aren't going to be All-Stars, man. Just kinda shut up and do your customary coasting through the pisspants Eastern conference to the Finals like what happens every year. You don't need another playmaker to get past the Raptors and Celtics, I promise.

alright. anyone hear about the barkley/lebron issue?

long story short--lebron says he needs more playmakers since his team is losing

>barkley says thats a reflection of his current lack to compete

>lebron gets mad. says that was a personal attack. proceeds to attack barkley personally by bringing up times when he spit on people, etc.

>barkley responds by saying he wasnt trying to be personal, but was commenting on lebrons intentions as a basketball player..his comment was solely about ball.

i think barkley was right for saying what he did..his point was that he won a championship with that team, so why say you need better players? why not try to win another title with what you have?..also kind of insults the talent on your team.

and really, if lebron thinks that, then fine, whatever..but we shouldnt know about it..dont talk through the media.

also, whos ready for the smattering of boos during next weeks warriors/thunder game.

Totally agree on this subject, Lebron is just looking at the Warriors roster and getting nervous/jealous.....he has one of the best guards in the game in Kyrie who I think outplayed Steph in the finals, Melo never complains like this even with the weak help he gets on the Knicks.

Idk whatever happened to being loyal to your organization and not pissing and moaning like an entitled pussy.....Allen Iverson was one of the best guards of all time and the Sixers perpetually gave him absolutely no help....he may have complained about a lot of things but he never complained about not getting help.....these players nowadays have this annoying entitled attitudes that never existed in the hard nosed 90s NBA or even the early 2000s....Westbrook for example clearly has a grudge for what has happened with his organization but he doesn't blame the organization for it he just bangs out triple doubles every night....I love Lebron but on this issue he needs to shut his whiny mouth.

It would be one thing if publicly complaining about the weak bench could somehow lead to them getting more help, but letting the whole league know that he's openly pressuring mgmt to make a trade does the opposite of that.

They already worked a miracle last season getting Channing Frye for literally nothing, and Korver this season for less than nothing. What more does he think can even possibly be done

Knicks should consider starting O'Quinn consistently, I knew Noah would be injury prone but I expected him to at least make an impact defensively and on the boards and it appears he's over the hump....plus O'Quinn has been solid this year and it would get Hernangomez more much needed minutes.

Noah is probably the only player in the league I wouldn't trade Parsons for. Gonna be some expensive DNP - Coach's decisions the next few years.

Speaking of my favorite thing to complain about, Chandler Parsons went 1-10 tonight, which feels like a season high shooting percentage. Grizzlies crushed the Spurs 89-74 anyway. Of course they'll probably lose badly to the Magic or some shit tomorrow bc that's just what they do, but still cool that they smothered yet another top team.

Knicks should consider starting O'Quinn consistently, I knew Noah would be injury prone but I expected him to at least make an impact defensively and on the boards and it appears he's over the hump....plus O'Quinn has been solid this year and it would get Hernangomez more much needed minutes.

its crazy to know basketball and hear people like clyde talk about the knicks and then see the team play.

>no ball movement

>no movement without the ball

>no eyes on the ball when playing D

>not consistent with contesting rebounds

>no one picks up the man who has the open shot, or has an open lane to the basket.

^this is why the knicks lose.

i wouldnt use the words entitled or cry babies here. i would say that the power has just been greatly shifted towards the players the last few years. someone like lebron is able to make moves because he is recognized as the best in the league. it is why you see these big recruiting efforts in the summer for big free agents because teams know they have to make players happy or else they can just bolt and go with the team they like best. usually it takes max money contracts to keep the best talent in the league but lebron is still in a tier above that.

its crazy to know basketball and hear people like clyde talk about the knicks and then see the team play.

>no ball movement

>no movement without the ball

>no eyes on the ball when playing D

>not consistent with contesting rebounds

>no one picks up the man who has the open shot, or has an open lane to the basket.

^this is why the knicks lose.

With an owner who appears to have given up on the team and a team that appears to have given up on basketball, I can't imagine the Knicks making the playoffs for at least a few years, I've only watched about 3 games since new years, if they're not going to show any fight there are better things I could fill my time with, fed up with them.

When a beloved ex-player like Charles Oakley is shunned by the organization for making honest comments about the state of a shitty team it pretty much sums up the franchise at this point, I'm not even surprised anymore and it shows they don't care about their players or fans....James Dolan is a joke he's unfit to run the team.....and I know Charles was wrong to put his hands on people tonight but it was a long time brewing with a team he shed blood, sweat and tears for and they try to treat him like a pariah  but at least the fans love him....also fuck Phil Jackson just because

Yeah in the beginning I was naive enough to think we would be alright with Phil, I think he's been bitter since he realized they weren't going to run the triangle, their best recent years were with Mike Woodson who Phil fired, Phil has a napoleon complex and seems to think he can dictate everything that happens on court from his office.