UnevenEdge

Favorite Anime Quotes Thread

CorbeauKarasu

• 2 months later...

"Kenny, in the not-too-distant future, this world will crumble. In humanity's fading twilight, it's my wish to build us a paradise. You believe in violence, do you not? It's the unavoidable truth of our world. Although, on the day that we first met, something turned us from mortal enemies to friends. What was it?"

"No idea, but I'll tell you this: if you hadn't squeezed me in that stupidly big hand of yours, I'd have stuffed your skull full o' shit for sure. You had to really wear me out before I'd be your friend."

"Yeah...the world's unavoidable truth. Even so, I believe in the miracle that happened between us."

-- Urey Reiss & Kenny Ackerman

"Rod's daughter preached to anyone who'd listen that same stuff about 'love and peace'. His words from her mouth. How they find the time to talk about such useless shit...is it a luxury that only the powerful can afford? Would anyone feel that way if they just had that power? What about...me?" -- Kenny Ackerman

"We humans, we're all the same, every last one of us. For some it's drinkin'; for some it's women; for some, even religion. Family, the king, dreams, children, power. All of us had to spend our lives drunk on somethin', else we'd have no cause to keep pushing on. Everyone was a slave to somethin'. Even him. So, what's your poison, runt? Heroics?" -- Kenny Ackerman

Edited by CorbeauKarasu

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

"It would appear that we have a new reason for hope, Lord Beerus. I can feel it -- not the chaos of consciousness, but the elegant purity of energy operating on impulse alone. Goku is focused only on Jiren now -- or, rather, on the battle itself. He's throwing his whole body and soul into the fleeting moment of each strike, allowing the flames of his power to rage freely, unrestrained by the walls of thought. Concerns for his universe, or the gap in their powers, his hesitation, his impatience, his fear: he has given them all to the fire and let them burn so that now there is only himself, his opponent, and the fight. Soon he will reach a realm still faster, keener, and deeper than instinct, where even that will blur and fade. And beyond that...hm..." -- Whis

Edited by CorbeauKarasu

• 3 months later...

Vixur Ul Shasta: "Before I pledge my sword. I have a question: Your Majesty, now that you've returned after so long, what do you seek?"

Emperor Vector: "Blood and Terror. Fire and Destruction. Death and Screams. The Western Lands flow with the power of the Gods that banished me from the heavens. But the Great Gate that protects those lands shall crumble very soon, and so I've returned. This world shall know my power and tremble before it. Once the Great Gate falls, the realm of the humans will belong to the People of Darkness. I have but one request of you: to bring me the Priestess of Light who resides in the Human Empire. You have permission to terrorize and murder any other human, but she is mine. Go forth my Warriors of Darkness! Claim your destiny!!

-- Sword Art Online: Alicization -- War of Underworld

• 3 months later...

"I keep going because I have a greater end goal. If the outcome is your focus, then it's easy to look for shortcuts. And, ultimately, shortcuts keep you from seeing the truth. It drains your spark for life. What matters most is your will to seek the truth, despite the outcome. As long as you keep that in mind, it doesn't matter if he gets away on this go 'round; Justice always has its day. And that's what we're really fighting for, right?"

-- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Edited by CorbeauKarasu

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

"You've faced several life-or-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed bread disappear from the convenience store...The accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult." -- Nanami Kento (Jujutsu Kaisen)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...