Eternal "What Are You Drinking" Thread.

Codename: Jackass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

that was expectedly underwhelming. it's bud light ... with orange flavor. wait, let me rephrase that. it's a lesser version of both of those things. not heavily orange-flavored, and only the slightest bit of malty grain underneath. it's like tasting a little malt on the back of a watered-down orange soda. it's not very good at all. and i'm belching like a motherfucker, but that's probably my fault because i'm drinking it straight from the bottle. 

2/5

drank a founders kbs last night. it was good, don't get me wrong. there was some earthy, oaky, peat-moss something going on in there and that was kinda unique. but for $25 per 12oz 4-pack, i'm pretty sure i can find something slightly less interesting and buy 2x or 3x as much of it. dare i say, kbs is a bit overrated.

4/5

• 2 weeks later...

Over the weekend I drank Kona Brewing Co’s Kanaha beer. It’s a pretty serviceable light beer with some tropical flair to it. I enjoy Big Wave from them so Kona is one of the few brands I’ll happily drink golder beers from as opposed to the stouts and porters I usually gravitate towards.

Also had Sapporo Black which is amazing, but hard to find. Had to get it at a festival after my Total Wine stopped selling it. 

I also got the David Lynch Espresso Roast coffee over the weekend. Had it as black as midnight on a moonless night. Needless to say it was a damn good cup of coffee. 

Edited by imchapp.in

On 4/23/2018 at 6:21 AM, empty said:

I've been drinking this Pabst APA that I found recently.

I actually kind of like it. It's definitely better than I ever thought Pabst would do. I mostly just buy it because it's cheap.

we started stocking this a few weeks ago. i agree, it's surprisingly drinkable, which is something when it's coming from pabst. 

i'm currently enjoying a couple new-to-us beers: dogfish head dragons and yum-yums, and 4 hands contact high juiced. tonight i get to try a couple we just got in from left hand: death before disco porter and juicy goodness golden ale. exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

we picked up cases of the dogfish head today (60, 90, 120 minute ipas) at the bar. going home to a cold 4-pack of the 120 in about half an hour. no, i won't be drinking all 4 of them (not tonight, anyways). i figure the wife will have a sip and her face will pucker up, and i'll be left to the rest of it. so i'll put two in my cellar and keep 2 in the fridge. maybe i'll let the bro-in-law have one of them too. but at $10 per 12oz bottle, it's not something i'll be taking to the community bbq to share with the domestic drinkers. i've actually never tried this beer before, but at 18% abv and OVER 9000 ibu, i'm pretty excited. might report back after drinking it, if i can still see straight.

Found some tallboys of Sapporo Black for the weekend that were great. Also have some premixed margarita stuff I've yet to dip into. 

Right now, I'm drinking some Nespresso coffee pod that's supposed to taste like cherry, but actually tastes like earning your red wings. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just received delivery of the goose 2018 BCBS this morning. we're taking part in their black friday release, so we aren't selling it just yet. but the keg is in the cooler, and there's a case of bottles waiting in there too. i most definitely didn't crack the case open three days early to take a bottle home and "sample" it tonight...

tale of the tape:
2018 bourbon county brand stout
imperial stout aged in heaven hill bourbon barrels
14.7% ABV
60 IBU
441 calories per 16.9oz bottle

9947032322078.png

verdict is in. 2018 bcbs is not the best vintage i've had, but it's pretty damn good. bottle poured a little bit flat with minimal head, but it didn't affect the flavor. first taste was chocolate and musty wood, moving to sweet malt and finally a boozy bite on the back end. maybe 2nd best i've had in the past 5 years, behind 2015. one of these days i'll be having friends over for a vertical tasting of 13-18, and we'll find out which is the best at that point. 

and now i'm drinking another chicago beer. two bros atom smasher oktoberfest was a great beer and we sold a boatload of it at the bar, but we ended up with about 8 bottles that i haven't been able to unload. so they came home with me tonight and i'll be disposing of them in the best way imaginable. added benefit, i opened up a lane in the beer cooler for southern tier 2xmas ale. this job sucks so much ass :D 

• 2 weeks later...

diving hard into the quads tonight. started with a st bernardus abt 12, about 18 months old. delicious. second was a deschutes the stoic from 2015. also pretty good. now we're drinking la trappe quad, brewed this year. talk about banana boat. it's also the only true trappist beer we have in the lineup tonight. after this we're cracking a unibroue terrible from 2015. it's been a year or so since i've had one of them, and i'm looking forward to it.

finally found a style that both the wife and i enjoy. this could be a dangerous combination...

i was turning these little fellers out pretty hard for the bar xmas party last night. stopped long enough to take a quick pic early in the aftrnoon. it's basically a frozen pina colada, with blue curacao to give it a wintry look. rimmed with coconut flakes.

frozendrink.thumb.jpg.734ba03fc2b0e6b1d3505afda124352e.jpg

also, got damn this phone takes nice pics.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

strawberry rhubarb is hard (even moreso than other new glarus beers) to come by if you're outside wisconsin. my favorite fruited beer from them is probably the wisconsin belgian red. so much flavor. i have a co-worker's uncle mule me some every time he comes down to visit, at $75/case. 

but i'm here to post that i'm drinking a toppling goliath king sue. picked up a case this week from distribution. and it's part of the shit batch. damn.

I drank all these over the course of a couple days.

I lined them up in order of enjoyment.

20200713_210237.jpg

#1 cranberry. This tastes just like cranberry sprite and it gets you drunk. Hot damn.

#2 blueberry raspberry. So the first thing I ever brewed is a blueberry mead with raspberry tea. This one tells me what that should taste like. I don't think I'm that far off the mark...

#3 sour cherry. Yeah thats pretty much it. Sour cherry. Exactly what you'd expect. 

#4 hopped. Hopped pretty strongly. Almost a sour IPA.

#5 I think this was the oaked one.

#6 this was probably the original but it might have been the oaked one. These two were neck in neck. 

#7 HELLO I AM GINGER I TASTE LIKE GINGER DO YOU LIKE GINGER BECAUSE I AM GINGER.  Hoo boy. Tell you what I don't think I'm ever going to put ginger in anything I brew. 

Edited by SwimModSponges

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...