UnevenEdge

Live Action One Piece TV show coming from the producer of Prison Break

Jman

Well yeah, live action anime adaptations almost always suck.  But my point is that something like Dragon Ball or Bebop COULD feasibly be done well.  One Piece... can't.  I can't see any way that there could be a good adaptation of it.

Well that move could force jump to do what they did with bleach

• 3 weeks later...

I am a longgggg time One Piece fan at this point. I watch sub pretty much exclusively and have also read quite a bit of the Manga. I would like to see this on 2 conditions. Condition number 1: The majority of the source material for the show comes from the Manga/Anime,even if there is some retelling aspects or some artistic liberties. What I don't want is a "One Piece" in name only tv show.  Condition number 2: The actors, and effects are decent to good territory in pretty much all instances. I think this would require a bigger budget, if this is not picked up by a network with a record for producing high quality big-budget investment series such as AMC, HBO, FX, or Netflix.... I am going to be VERY skeptical about the quality coming out of this show.

Personally, I'm expecting them to produce it up to the end of Arlong Park. Seems like a fitting place to end a live-action run, just as Thriller Bark was for the Toonami run of the original.

Someone tell the GOT producers that.

And then tell them no one wants to see Confederate.

Well yeah, live action anime adaptations almost always suck.  But my point is that something like Dragon Ball or Bebop COULD feasibly be done well.  One Piece... can't.  I can't see any way that there could be a good adaptation of it.

Would have to have the right kind of character, tone, and effects.  I mean, if Lord of the Rings could be made and done well, so could this.  Hellboy came off well.  I mean, it's possible.  Do we know what company/network/etc is going to be involved?

you know actually.....considering Oda confirmed that the Straw hats are multiethnic, at least from a whitewashing standpoint this might not be so awful since it's hard to whitewash a show when it already has white characters

Luffy = Brazillian

Nami = Swedish

Zoro = Japanese

Sanji = French

Usopp = "African" (in other words he's black)

Chopper = Canadian

Robin = Russian

Franky = "American" (so, white I guess, based on Japan's idea of what American means)

Brook = Austrian (although he's based on Slash....who is black)

Not sure if I would consider Brazilians white.  Most have an olive, maybe bronze complexion, but there's some darker skinned people too.  I'd say they're pretty diverse.  I suppose there's possibly some "white" Brazilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilians#Dispersal_of_races_and_colours_in_the_country

Okay so there are.  But like I thought pretty diverse.  But ffs who the fuck is the person who wrote this and put shit like "Yellow coloured people?"

Because Chopper's a reindeer, heh.

Slash doesn't look black.