UnevenEdge

Live Action One Piece TV show coming from the producer of Prison Break

Jman

you know actually.....considering Oda confirmed that the Straw hats are multiethnic, at least from a whitewashing standpoint this might not be so awful since it's hard to whitewash a show when it already has white characters

Luffy = Brazillian

Nami = Swedish

Zoro = Japanese

Sanji = French

Usopp = "African" (in other words he's black)

Chopper = Canadian

Robin = Russian

Franky = "American" (so, white I guess, based on Japan's idea of what American means)

Brook = Austrian (although he's based on Slash....who is black)

Well nami was like what about or 18 less when the series started so yeah she grew up haha

Robin was a late bloomer lol

officially she's still listed as having the same measurements as Oda's wife

but this is Oda's wife

DSC02409.jpg (yes really)

and this is Nami

latest?cb=20130621145651

...So apparently anime CAN be popular in America, but only in the form of live action remakes?

I'm genuinely confused as to how this is something that is gonna happen.  I mean, I can see Cowboy Bebop, or even Dragon Ball Z live action.  But One Piece?  It just strikes me as something too... fantastical, I guess would be the word, to effectively make a live action series about.

It's obvious this will suck.  There's no doubt about this.  And somewhere out there Moose is about to be arrested for multiple homicides. 

...So apparently anime CAN be popular in America, but only in the form of live action remakes?

I'm genuinely confused as to how this is something that is gonna happen.  I mean, I can see Cowboy Bebop, or even Dragon Ball Z live action.  But One Piece?  It just strikes me as something too... fantastical, I guess would be the word, to effectively make a live action series about.

It's obvious this will suck.  There's no doubt about this.  And somewhere out there Moose is about to be arrested for multiple homicides. 

Well they destroyed ghost in the Shell